KIRKLAND, Wash., June 26, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- Today the non-profit 3in4 Association announces a partnership with CareOptions Online(TM) (COOL(TM)), a web-based service promoting wellness and offering quick, easy access to healthcare services for entire families. The main focus is on mature adults and seniors, but the health and fitness advice applies to children and young adults as well. So do the referral services for medical care, childcare, and other resources important for family health and well-being.
"We're glad to offer COOL to the visitors and supporters of the 3in4 site and movement at no charge," says Jonas Roeser, President of the 3in4 Association, which gives access to the COOL(TM) service through the 3in4 website: http://www.3in4needmore.com.
Key uses for COOL(TM) include:
* Handling medical emergencies.
* Addressing chronic illnesses or disabilities.
* Finding childcare or eldercare services.
* Finding short and long-term care services.
* Planning for the health needs of a child away at college.
* Creating a living will or power of attorney for healthcare documents.
* Staying healthy to prevent illness, injury, or premature need for long-term care.
"In COOL people can find tools, tips, or information to help with almost any health, wellness, or care concern," says Roeser.
The OnLine resources include:
* Search databases for finding anything from a medical specialist to an assisted-living facility, even a pet-boarding service.
* Online calculators for estimating the cost of long-term care in any state, or your "loss of wealth" if you take time off work to personally care for someone.
* A medical reference system providing advisories for myriad concerns ranging from eye conditions to heart problems. There's also a guide to hundreds of medications.
* Question and answer forms for creating a living will or other advanced directive.
* A tool for creating a care-alert card or form.
* An online wellness center helping with everything from nutrition to sleep to emotional health and stress management.
CareOptions OnLine(TM) (COOL(TM)) was designed, developed, and is powered by NavGate(R) Technologies, a division of CareQuest(R), Inc.
Anyone, consumer or industry professional, may register with the "3 in 4 Need More" campaign simply by submitting their name and email address at http://www.3in4needmore.com. They will automatically be enrolled in the COOL(TM) system and be given a key code for gaining entrance.
Industry professionals -- care providers, vendors, insurance agencies, long-term care advisors, and others -- may enjoy an added benefit. "In addition to using the service personally," says Roeser, "they can consult it for their clients. They can also consider providing access, as a special gift, to prospective clients."
About the 3in4 Association:
The organization is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) corporation established to run the "3 in 4 Need More" campaign, which is dedicated to raising awareness of the importance of long-term care planning. The campaign utilizes multiple marketing strategies to increase awareness and support consumer plan development. The organization's website -- http://www.3in4needmore.com -- also provides awareness support for long-term care planning specialists, and offers information on products and services that should be considered in long-term care planning. Members of the campaign cross all industries, genders and ages.
About NavGate(R) Technologies and CareOptions OnLine(TM) (COOL(TM)):
NavGate(R) Technologies is a division of CareQuest, Inc. NavGate(R) (www.NavGate.com) designs and develops disability and long-term care advisor field software along with web-based and cloud applications for wellness, healthcare, and long-term care planning initiatives -- for associations, employers, professionals and consumers. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, NavGate(R), CareQuest and its principals have provided care-provider data, care-planning services and educational programs since 1985.
- Photo Caption: 3in4 Association President Jonas Roeser.
For more information regarding this press release, please visit:
Rights granted for reproduction by any legitimate news organization. However, if news is cloned/scraped verbatim, then original attribution must be maintained with link back to this page as “original syndication source.” Resale of this content for commercial purposes is prohibited without a license. Reproduction on any site selling a competitive service is also prohibited. Information is believed accurate, as provided by news source or authorized agency, however is not guaranteed, and you assume all risk for use of any information found herein/hereupon. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
2879 times (1 today, 10 this week, 18 this month, 66 this year)