NEW YORK, N.Y., Feb. 6, 2013 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- Drew Waters of Most Comfortable Shoes highlights his Top Picks for comfortable work shoes. According to Waters: "Finding comfortable work shoes can be the ultimate challenge. Not only does the ideal pair of shoes need to fit well; they need to complement your wardrobe, suit your company's workplace attire, and give your feet support throughout the day. They should also look sharp and be in style. That's a lot to ask from a single pair of shoes."
Working in an environment that demands you stand or walk for long periods of time can take a toll on your entire body.
Waters, the founder of MostComfortableShoes.com, a consumer guide for comfortable shoes, suggests: "To avoid long-term health issues, make sure you shop for a pair of shoes that offers cushioning and support. It's so important to start wearing supportive shoes that suit your occupation." Thankfully, there are now many fashionable and ergonomic footwear options available for working women and men.
Whether you are looking for chic heels or non-slip shoes for a 10 hour restaurant shift, MostComfortableShoes.com offers their top 10 comfort picks for men and women in all categories; career, dress, casual, industrial. Trusted brands like Cole Haan, Sofft, Naot and Dansko offer shoes that ensure every part of your foot is supported for a genuinely comfortable experience in the workplace.
Mr. Waters suggests the following tips when shopping for comfort work shoes:
1. Before you commit to a style, try on and walk around in the shoes that you plan on wearing for eight hours or more a day. Free shipping and free returns from online shoe stores make this a simple at-home option.
2. For women, try to avoid ultra high heels and pointy shoes with a narrow toe-box. The less space for your toes, the more pressure is placed on your forefoot and the greater chances of developing neuromas or bunions.
3. Avoid slide-on, open-back footwear that requires constant toe gripping. This can lead to foot tension and hammer toes. Find a style with straps or an enclosed back that keep the shoes attached to your feet so your toes do not have to work all day long.
4. If your ankles wobble in heels, you need a wider-shaped heel offering more stability. Look for a heel of no more than 2 1/2 inches and a cushioned footbed. This will offer maximum support and improve the state of your feet, knees, and back.
5. When you find that elusive pair of comfort shoes, buy 2 pairs.
To see the lists of top 10 picks in comfortable work shoes, visit: mostcomfortableshoes.com/comfortable-womens-dress-shoes/.
For more information regarding this press release, please visit:
Rights granted for reproduction by any legitimate news organization. However, if news is cloned/scraped verbatim, then original attribution must be maintained with link back to this page as “original syndication source.” Resale of this content for commercial purposes is prohibited without a license. Reproduction on any site selling a competitive service is also prohibited. Information is believed accurate, as provided by news source or authorized agency, however is not guaranteed, and you assume all risk for use of any information found herein/hereupon. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
5510 times (1 today, 22 this week, 101 this month, 346 this year)