CLEVELAND, Ohio, June 5 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The NewsChannel 5 Investigators, northeast Ohio’s largest investigative team, captured four awards from the Associated Press. Each member of the investigative team (Duane Pohlman, Ron Regan, and Joe Pagonakis) was recognized for their exceptional work in the Large Market television categories. “I was thrilled but not surprised,” comments NewsChannel 5’s interim news director, Jim Scott. “Duane, Ron, and Joe are consummate professionals who get it. Thank goodness the judges recognized that too,” adds Scott. “Our investigative unit takes pride in doing quality work and our entire team is honored.”
The complete list of NewsChannel 5’s 2007 Associated Press awards are as follows:
* 1st Place = Best Enterprise Reporting for “Final Justice” — Investigator Ron Regan and NewsChannel 5’s special projects team.
– In “Final Justice,” Ron Regan helped a man win his freedom back…an innocent man wrongly accused.
* 1st Place = Best Documentary or Series for “The Wrong Men” — Chief Investigator Duane Pohlman and NewsChannel 5’s special projects team.
– In “The Wrong Men,” Duane Pohlman uncovered new evidence in a local murder-for-hire plot. He exposed a murder case botched so badly that the system convicted the wrong men.
* 2nd Place = Best Feature Reporting for “Chasing Chickens” — Troubleshooter Joe Pagonakis and the Troubleshooter team.
– In “Chasing Chickens,” Troubleshooter Joe Pagonakis and his team chased down two evasive chickens running loose in a neighborhood for weeks. It was a problem no one wanted to deal with until Joe stepped in and solved the problem with his own hands.
* 2nd Place = Best Investigative Reporting — Chief Investigator Duane Pohlman and NewsChannel 5’s special projects team.
More information: www.wews.com.
The E. W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) is a diverse and growing media enterprise with interests in national cable networks, newspaper publishing, broadcast television stations, electronic commerce, interactive media, and licensing and syndication.
The company’s portfolio of media properties includes: Scripps Networks, with such brands as HGTV, Food Network, DIY Network, Fine Living, Great American Country and HGTVPro; daily and community newspapers in 18 markets and the Washington-based Scripps Media Center, home to the Scripps Howard News Service; 10 broadcast TV stations, including six ABC-affiliated stations, three NBC affiliates and one independent; leading online search and comparison shopping services, Shopzilla and uSwitch; and United Media, a leading worldwide licensing and syndication company that is the home of PEANUTS, DILBERT and approximately 150 other features and comics.
All trademarks acknowledged.
News issued by: WEWS NewsChannel 5
Original Image: https://www.send2press.com/wire/images/08-0604-WEWS5tv_72dpi.jpg
# # #
Original Story ID: (4043) :: 2008-06-0605-002
Original Keywords: WEWS NewsChannel 5, Associated Press awards, news director Jim Scott, Duane Pohlman, Ron Regan, and Joe Pagonakis, Ohio’s largest investigative team, Best Documentary or Series, Best Feature Reporting, E. W. Scripps Company, NYSE SSP WEWS NewsChannel 5
WEWS NewsChannel 5