CHICAGO, Ill., Oct. 12 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — KnowledgeAdvisors, the world’s largest provider of learning and talent measurement solutions, today announced it has released new, constructive, research that provides thought leadership on innovative ways organizations in today’s economy will implement and measure informal learning to increase speed to competency and optimize learning resources.
The research highlights the following insights for L&D practitioners who desire to use informal learning:
* High Touch-Low Tech offerings like communities of practice and mentoring and coaching offer less expensive mechanisms to create informal learning programs.
* High Tech-Low Touch offerings like virtual knowledge sharing and performance support systems are less frequently used and more expensive to implement.
* Only 21 percent of executives are asking for formal metrics on informal learning programs but twice that expected it to be asked for soon.
* The greatest business outcomes derived from informal learning programs were increased employee satisfaction, increased productivity, increased quality and decreased cost.
* Those organizations that actively measured informal learning all had higher informal learning budgets as a result ranging from 6 percent to 155 percent across the methods researched.
* Organizations are effectively measuring their informal learning investments through surveys, web analytics, success stories and proof points.
In addition, KnowledgeAdvisors is currently working with organizations to standardize and benchmark their informal learning programs in conjunction with their more formal programs.
“The ability for organizations to validate the value of informal learning as a viable, effective and cost efficient learning approach is being achieved through credible metrics,” commented Kent Barnett, CEO of KnowledgeAdvisors.
To obtain a complimentary copy of an executive summary of KnowledgeAdvisors informal learning research report please access it via the below link on KnowledgeAdvisors website:
News issued by: KnowledgeAdvisors
Original Image: https://www.send2press.com/mediaboom/09-1012-KnoAdvisors.jpg
# # #
Original Story ID: (5389) :: 2009-10-1012-004
Original Keywords: informal learning programs, KnowledgeAdvisors, learning and talent measurement solutions, knowledge advisors, CEO Kent Barnett, metrics that matter KnowledgeAdvisors