MOOREFIELD, W.Va., Dec. 9 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — A look at the best-selling holiday items from stylish and innovative eco-retailer bambeco (www.bambeco.com) reveals that shoppers are looking for gifts that are not just fabulously chic but are also made with Mother Nature in mind. Bambeco’s top sellers are made from recycled and re-purposed natural materials such as bike chains, recycled stainless steel and natural fibers hemp and organic cotton.
“We are thrilled with the initial response to our first holiday collection,” said Susan Aplin, CEO of bambeco. “As an eco-friendly retailer, we don’t print catalogs, it simply feels incompatible with our core message of environmental stewardship. Therefore, we are gratified that customers are finding us through alternative marketing methods including social and traditional media and online special interest forums. We are also seeing a high rate of repeat customers, who are in turn referring their friends.”
Following are bambeco’s top selling green gifts:
• Bike Chain Bottle Opener. Perfect for an eco-friendly beer aficionado, this colorful bottle opener is made from recycled bike chains and anodized aluminum and is available in red, silver, green and blue ($10.00).
• Business Card Case. This flip-top design is reminiscent of the 50’s but has a modern twist – it’s made from stainless steel produced with environmentally friendly methods using recycled scrap steel ($15.00).
• Slate Trays. Formed under pressure over hundreds of millions of years, slate is revered for its beauty and durability. These natural slate trays originate in a well-managed quarry and have endless uses as serving boards, cheese boards and more ($15-20.00).
• Recycled Glass Wine Carafe. This classically styled wine carafe is a triple threat: It’s made of 100 percent recycled glass, has a large mouth and slanted rim for easy pouring and filling, and is hard to tip thanks to its wide base ($19).
• Trail Tree Skirt and Stockings. Printed by hand with non-toxic, water-based, eco-friendly inks on a premium fabric made from hemp and blended with organic cotton (Trail Skirt Sold Out. Stockings $25.00).
To find out more about the standards and practices that bambeco applies to all of its products, partners and manufacturers that earn them the bambeco earth-friendly seal of approval, visit www.bambeco.com or join them on twitter.com/bambeco or Facebook to learn more.
Bambeco is the home furnishings and decor company where your eco-conscious self intersects with your home and lifestyle needs. Bambeco curates the best green products and presents them in one easy-to-navigate shopping experience for the consumer who knows you don’t have to sacrifice style and value to be green. Launched on Earth Day 2009, bambeco celebrates bamboo, the planet’s most renewable and versatile resource, and ecology, the essential relationship we have with the natural environment.
News issued by: Bambeco
Original Image: https://www.send2press.com/mediaboom/09-1210-Bambeco_72dpi.jpg
# # #
Original Story ID: (5537) :: 2009-12-1209-005
Original Keywords: bambeco, holiday, eco retailer, gifts, recycled, re purposed, eco friendly retailer, green gifts, home furnishings and decor, earth friendly, natural materials, CEO Susan Aplin, West Virginia business, bike chains, recycled stainless steel and natural fibers hemp and organic cotton Bambeco