KIRKLAND, Wash., Dec. 1, 2011 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — In November the 3in4 Association added seven new members to its advisory board, and received increased support from two insurance carriers: John Hancock, an existing member of the organization, and Genworth, which provided sponsorship of a meaningful consumer study. “We’re gaining momentum,” says Mark Goldberg, Treasurer of the association that runs the “3 in 4 Need More” campaign.
The goal of the campaign is to warn Americans about a looming problem. “The majority will be affected at some point by long-term care needs of themselves or a close family member,” says Goldberg. “Yet few are prepared for this.” The campaign is letting them know so they can avoid a financial and personal crisis. “Our new board members and the new carrier support will add to our ability to do this.”
The new carrier support includes:
* A study sponsored by Genworth. Released in November, the study found that most adults believe that long-term care insurance should be purchased between the ages of 45-64, yet 82 percent of this age group has not purchased a policy. The study also found that since the 2008 financial crisis, only 20 percent of adults have taken any action on their financial strategy.
* Marketing support by John Hancock. The company applied the “3 in 4” logo to its newly created education materials supplied to its network of LTC agents in honor of LTC Awareness Month.
The 3in4 Association’s advisory board has been expanded from 14 to 21. The seven new members are:
* Joseph Pulitano, President, Advanced Resources Marketing;
* Bill Herring, President, Online Insurance Services, LLC;
* Steve Dozier, President, AIMS Benefit Solutions;
* Mark Leighton, Chief Operating Officer, Connect America;
* Chris Orestis, Co-Founder and President, Life Care Funding Group;
* Carol Gardner, President of LifeStyle Insurance Services;
* Barry Eldridge, President of ICBLTC.
To take advantage of the “3 in 4 Need More” campaign, LTC agencies, brokers, agents, and advisors may use a number of resources found at http://www.3in4needmore.com .
About the 3in4 Association:
The “3 in 4 Need More” campaign is dedicated to raising awareness of the importance of long-term care planning. The campaign utilizes multiple marketing strategies to increase awareness. The “3 in 4 Need More” campaign is a public service of the 3in4 Association, which operates as a nonprofit 501(C)(6)corporation. Members of the campaign cross all industries, genders and ages. The campaign supports an online platform located at www.3in4needmore.com . This resource supports consumer plan development, and products and services that should be considered in long-term care planning. The platform also provides awareness support for long-term care planning specialists.
News issued by: 3in4 Association
Original Image: https://www.send2press.com/mediaboom/11-1108-3in4need_72dpi.jpg
# # #
Original Story ID: 2011-12-1201-003 (7479) :: 2011-12-1201-003
Original Keywords: long-term care needs, Mark Goldberg, 3in4 Association, John Hancock, 3 in 4 Need More campaign, study sponsored by Genworth, 501(C)(6)corporation, Kirkland Washington 3in4 Association Kirkland Washington KIRKLAND, Wash.
Alternate Headline: 3 in 4 Need More Campaign Gains Additional Support and New Board Members
NEWS ARCHIVE NOTE: this archival news content, issued by the news source via Send2Press Newswire, was originally located in the Send2Press® 2004-2015 2.0 news platform and has been permanently converted/moved (and redirected) into our 3.0 platform. Also note the story “reads” counter (bottom of page) does not include any data prior to Oct. 30, 2016. This press release was originally published/issued: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 17:14:00 +0000
News Source: 3in4 Association