NEW YORK, N.Y., April 2, 2014 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The event, organized by GP Dementia Services New York, Inc., will happen in New York at the Kolping House located on 165 East 88th Street between Lexington Avenue and 3rd Avenue on the first floor. The research program intends to test the Dementia Diary, a psychoeducational support system, developed in 2008 in New York by Gianni Perilli, an Italian sociologist Ph.D. The Dementia Diary contains more than 800 suggestions and tips of how to care for loved ones with Alheimer’s Disease or other dementia at home.
The Dementia Diary has three main goals:
1) To reduce the incidence of tumors, stroke and depression associated with family caregivers over the period of taking care of a patient suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease (from 8 to 20 years).
2) To increase patient’s safety at home.
3) To reduce healthcare costs associated with the care of Alzheimer’s Disease patients and family caregivers.
Testing the Dementia Diary will involve free assistance to family caregivers in New York. The Dementia Diary is currently tested in Italy at “School of Medicine” of Bari, Italy.
Reasons to participate at the event:
1. Receive a voucher for a family caregiver of patient with Alzheimer’s Disease or other dementias to free attend the Seminar “Living with dementia at home” in June (place and date to be determined).
2. Enjoy a free glass of Italian Wine and Italian food by Italian Restaurant.
3. Be a part of a raffle with a chance to win a weeklong stay for 2 people at Villaggio Ripa in Italy during the summer of 2014 (airline ticket not included) http://www.villaggioripa.it.
4. Help to support the research in an effort to gain IRB approval for the Dementia Diary, the construction of a website, and the completion of the Dementia Diary’s software.
5. Enjoy the music of Sara Galassini.
6. Enjoy the music of S. Bach played by Claudia Schaer’s violin.
7. Enjoy artwork by Gioacchino Loporchio, Annalisa Iadicicco, Paola Beretti.
The event is free and open to public. Suggested donation $20 – $60.
From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. : doors open 6 p.m. performances begin at 7 p.m.
Reserve your ticket in advance or make a donation to the event.
Links to event information:
http://www.dementiadiary.org (pending; work in progress).
* Photo Caption: Gianni Perilli.
News issued by: GP Dementia Services New York, Inc.
Original Image: https://www.send2press.com/mediaboom/14-0402-Gianni-Perilli_400x300.jpg
# # #
Original Story ID: 2014-04-0402-005 (9343) :: Violin-Wine-and-Art-for-Dementia-Diary-Support-a-Family-Caregiver-of-Patient-with-Alzheimers_2014-04-0402-005
Original Keywords: GP Dementia Services New York Inc, Gianni Perilli, music of Sara Galassini, Living with dementia at home, Alzheimer’s Disease GP Dementia Services New York, Inc. New York New York NEW YORK, N.Y.
Alternate Headline: GP Dementia Services New York, Inc. announces Violin, Wine and Art Event for Dementia Diary
NEWS ARCHIVE NOTE: this archival news content, issued by the news source via Send2Press Newswire, was originally located in the Send2Press® 2004-2015 2.0 news platform and has been permanently converted/moved (and redirected) into our 3.0 platform. Also note the story “reads” counter (bottom of page) does not include any data prior to Oct. 30, 2016. This press release was originally published/issued: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 19:39:39 +0000
Original Shortcode for Story: http://i.send2press.com/NQVkm
News Source: GP Dementia Services New York, Inc.