CHICAGO, Ill., July 10, 2013 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Jeff Fest Arts & Music Festival features something for everyone from dancers to musicians, actors and artists, and a hands-on community paint project. The three-day festival kicks off Friday, July 26 through Sunday, July 28, 2013. Located on the grounds of Jefferson Memorial Park on Chicago’s Northwest side, Jeff Fest Arts & Music Festival has become one of Chicago’s most highly anticipated neighborhood music festivals of the summer.
“We’re so excited to present a festival here in Jefferson Park where you can see new things, hear great music, taste great food and experience it all in the park with family and friends,” said Laura Hahn, Jefferson Park Chamber of Commerce President and Chair of the festival. “Jeff Fest Arts & Music Festival is meant for the whole community to enjoy. Thanks to our sponsors, the three days are filled with so much to do. We really encourage everyone to bring a lawn chair, or a blanket, stay for a while, and have a great time.”
Beyond the Main Music Stage sponsored by Glunz, are the Republic Bank Acoustic stage, a Drum Circle area, and a Kid’s Zone in the park that will feature pop-up theatre performances, dancers, drum circles, and more. Specific times of performances are listed on the Jeff Fest Arts & Music Festival website (JeffFest.org).
Art in the Park:
* Kids get to grab a paintbrush and join in on the community mural led by Artorium. The finished masterpiece will be 5 feet tall by 25 feet wide.
* Chicago Children’s Museum will host a hands-on art project for children of all ages.
* Watch as Stefan Niedorezo, master sculptor, offers hands-on ‘Art in the Making’ for fest-goers to experience.
* Come and see the juried photography show presented by the Chicago Creative Coalition (C3) entitled C3 PhotoArt Fest.
* Thanks to media partner, 93.1 WXRT Chicago, the three-day Jeff Fest Arts and Music Festival offers music ranging from soul, alternative rock, folk rock to techno pop. The festival’s musical lineup includes: The Locals, Hank & Cupcake, Dot Dot Dot, Peter Oyloe, Kent Rose, Wishing Well, Luna Blu, The Root Cause, Pat Smillie Band, Voodoo Kings, Magic Box, Hokole’a, John Yost Drum Circle, Tommy Tuesday, Mike Felten, Poochamungas, The Kuhls, CTA, Dirty Dan & The Cool Rockin Daddies, Michael McDermott, Mary Macaroni, Zydeco Voodoo, and Paul Coady.
Activities & Performances:
* Boom. Rat-a-tat. Boom. Rat-a-tat goes the beat from the John Yost’s Rhythm Revolution drum circle. Join in and be a part of the music and help create Jefferson Park’s largest drum circle.
* The Revelettes will perform their Go-Go style dancing while the Hokule’a Polynesian Dancers will get fest-goers swaying to island music.
* The Kid’s Zone features bounce houses, Bag games, mini-golf and lively pop-up performances and theatre games from the Filament Theatre Ensemble and Youth Company of Chicago.
Shopping & Dining:
* The Urban Folk Circuit, Chicago’s only year-round traveling craft market, in addition to local artisan vendors and community groups, offers hip, creative handcrafted wares to purchase and enjoy.
* Food tents hosted by two of the area’s landmark restaurants include Gale Street Inn and Hops & Barley’s. Rolling in especially for the festival are Food Trucks: Get Curried Away, Toasty Cheese, and Chubby Wieners.
* Craft beers feature a wide variety of choices from the festival’s beer sponsor, Glunz, including: Berghoff, 5 Rabbit 5 Lizard, Great Lakes Brewing Co., Founders IPA, Siegel Grapefruit and Pabst Blue Ribbon.
* Jefferson Park Farmer’s Market will be available on Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
* Jeff Fest 2013 T-shirts will be available to purchase at the Information booth.
The Festival is presented by 45th Ward Alderman Arena, Jefferson Park Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Jefferson Park Advisory Council and the Chicago Park District along with media partner 93.1 WXRT Chicago.
Jefferson Memorial Park is located at 4822 N. Long Avenue, just west of Milwaukee Avenue. Fest-goers are encouraged to take public transportation, as the Jefferson Park Metra and CTA Blue Line are just a block from the festival grounds. Plenty of bike racks also will be available. Free parking will be marked and available in area parking lots.
Road closures: Both Long and Linder Avenues will be blocked off between Higgins and Lawrence Avenue for the three-day festival.
Admission: Jeff Fest Arts & Music Festival fee for admission is $7 per person, or $5 before 5 o’clock. Children ages 12 and under are Free. Coolers and outside liquor are not permitted. Festival hours are Friday, July 26th from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday, July 27th from Noon to 11 p.m., and Sunday, July 28th from Noon to 10 p.m. Lawn chairs and blankets are welcome.
For more information, go to http://JeffFest.org/ .
Be sure you are the first to hear of announcements and plans for Jeff Fest and follow @JeffFestChicago on Twitter and facebook.
All trademarks acknowledged.
News issued by: Jeff Fest Arts and Music Festival
Original Image: https://www.send2press.com/mediaboom/13-0710-jefffest_72dpi.jpg
# # #
Original Story ID: 2013-07-0710-001 (8827) :: Chicago-s-Jeff-Fest-Arts-and-Music-Festival-Creates-Three-Fun-Filled-Days-for-Fest-Goers_2013-07-0710-001
Original Keywords: Jeff Fest Arts and Music Festival, Laura Hahn, Jefferson Park Chamber of Commerce, Chicago Children’s Museum, Artorium, Chicago events, concert, 45th Ward Alderman Arena, Jefferson Park Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Jefferson Park Advisory Council and the Chicago Park District along with media partner 93.1 WXRT Chicago Jeff Fest Arts and Music Festival Chicago Illinois CHICAGO, Ill.
Alternate Headline: Musicians, actors and artists convene in Chicago for annual Jeff Fest Arts & Music Festival July 26-28, 2013
NEWS ARCHIVE NOTE: this archival news content, issued by the news source via Send2Press Newswire, was originally located in the Send2Press® 2004-2015 2.0 news platform and has been permanently converted/moved (and redirected) into our 3.0 platform. Also note the story “reads” counter (bottom of page) does not include any data prior to Oct. 30, 2016. This press release was originally published/issued: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:01:48 +0000
Original Shortcode for Story: http://goo.gl/WERfR
News Source: Jeff Fest Arts and Music Festival