SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 25, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The RemodelOrMove.com Fall 2012 Remodeling Sentiment Report documents a continuing increase in the scale of planned remodels for homeowners.Multi-year highs in the stock market, home prices that are inching up, record low interest rates and pent-up demand for home maintenance are fueling this increase.
Homeowners’ growing preference for using luxury home products is a noteworthy trend.This trend appears to indicate that the building and remodeling industries will recover top down, with the higher-end products increasing in use disproportionately with demand for average and economy products. This trend will probably continue until the economic turnaround becomes stronger and more widespread
Details from the Report that indicate that “luxury” is coming back to home remodeling:
* Homeowners are describing the materials they will use in their remodel as “expensive” at the highest rate since 2008.
* The scope and scale of remodels is the largest since 2007, with an average remodeling cost estimated to be $100,000. Homeowners are stating they will, on average, add or remodel more than three rooms.
* 35 percent, the highest number since 2008, of respondents are reporting that the economy is not affecting their plans to remodel.
* 73 percent, the highest percentage since the Report started in 2006, are planning to hire a general contractor. As the scale of the projects increase, the use of a general contractor typically increases as well.
Items of interest:
* Kitchen remodeling takes over as the #1 favorite remodeling project for the first time since 2008.This shift is another indicator that “luxury” is returning to what was a “practical” remodeling market.Many homeowners view a kitchen remodel as a luxury while a bathroom addition or remodel can be sometimes justified as a necessity.
* The wealth effect is helping to fuel this return to luxury as average home equity reported by homeowners taking this survey was $123,000 – the highest since 2009.
* The decision to remodel or move is increasingly difficult as the difference between the average cost of remodeling, $100,000, and the average price difference between their current home and their dream home, $113,000, become almost the same.The near-equal costs of remodeling their current home and the cost to sell what they have and move to a new home makes the remodel or move decision much more difficult.
Learn more about the US Remodeling Sentiment Report at http://RemodelOrMove.com/ .
News issued by: ABCD Publishing LLC
Original Image: https://www.send2press.com/wire/images/12-0925-remodelormv_72dpi.jpg
# # #
Original Story ID: 2012-09-0925-007 (8203) :: Luxury-is-Back-for-Home-Remodeling_2012-09-0925-007
Original Keywords: RemodelOrMove.com, Fall 2012 Remodeling Sentiment Report, remodel or move, luxury home products, home remodeling, hire a general contractor, ABCD Publishing LLC ABCD Publishing LLC Sunnyvale California SUNNYVALE, Calif.
Alternate Headline: Fall 2012 Remodeling Sentiment Report shows that Luxury is Back for U.S. Home Remodeling
NEWS ARCHIVE NOTE: this archival news content, issued by the news source via Send2Press Newswire, was originally located in the Send2Press® 2004-2015 2.0 news platform and has been permanently converted/moved (and redirected) into our 3.0 platform. Also note the story “reads” counter (bottom of page) does not include any data prior to Oct. 30, 2016. This press release was originally published/issued: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:09:13 +0000
ABCD Publishing LLC