All news submitted to and issued by Send2Press® Newswire must meet our Acceptable Content Policy (AUP). This policy limits certain kinds of news which are not considered news or newsworthy based on PR and media/broadcast standards.
Because Send2Press® Newswire syndicates news across multiple high-quality news sites as well as traditional information systems like LexisNexis, we hold our content to a higher standard than most. This means we turn away most of the news content “allowed” by the junk free posting sites, and all-you-can-eat services which don’t work with major syndicators.
Examples of Acceptable Content
- Company Launches and Mergers.
- New Product Launch (consumer good, book, CD, software, app, website, etc.)
- Joint Company Partnerships.
- Staff Hiring/Appointment.
- Public Company Performance (audience growth, number products shipped, etc.).
- Legal Lawsuit or Court Victory/Settlement.
- Recall of Product and specifics.
- Public Gathering/Convention Event.
- Protest Rally (local news).
- Charity Event.
- Political Announcements and Endorsements.
- Awards and honors from legitimate, credible trade groups (e.g., BBB, etc.).
Unacceptable News Content
We will not accept news announcements on any of the following topics:
- Blog Posts: We do not accept fake self-promotional articles, bylined blog posts, or similar; only press releases, which are news announcements. You can create a press release which promotes and leads to your content, which is a great method of content marketing.
- Bitcoins: We do NOT accept news promoting bitcoin buying/selling websites. This is the #1 fraud news item for 2015.
- MLM: Multi-level Marketing (MLM) and “make money at home” news will not be accepted. Common topics include travel programs, water purification, gold parties, diet pills, “lifetime free cable TV if you call this number,” or similar.
- Cigarettes: We accept no news related to cigarettes, including e-cigs, or any tobacco products.
- Stock Round-ups / Pumping: Stocks/commodities buy/sell/recommendations are only accepted from a licensed broker.
- Legal Matters: Lawsuit announcements with no facts in evidence or wild allegations will not be accepted. We will accept announcement of judgments or case “wins” and certain class-action releases. We discourage “trolling for clients” and “ambulance chasing” releases, please!
- Nutrition Products: News related to diet pills or body part enhancement nutraceuticals will not be accepted.
- Credit Repair and Tax Refund Scams: News promoting credit repair “for a fee” services; especially those requiring credit card sign-up, are not accepted.
- “Hacks and Kraks”: News promoting software which bypasses Google copy-protection, such as capture of YouTube videos, is not allowed; or any other intellectual property defeating tools.
- Vanity Awards: Consistently, less then credible “awards” organizations spring up saying your company is something like “the best in your city,” without anything to back that up, or credible business behind the award. Most of these companies exist only to sell you plaques, crystal trophies, or framed certificates. This is not news, and we cannot issue this type of junk award news.
- Casinos and Fantasy Sports: We don’t accept news related to casino/gambling, or online fantasy sports sites with payouts. (We do accept charity casino nights, or events such as concerts held at casinos.)
- Lotteries: News for lotteries or paid raffles will not be accepted unless properly licensed subject to local laws with full disclaimers and disclosures meeting local and Federal U.S. laws.
- Crackpots: Crackpot ideas like chemtrails, truthers, alien spy bugs in your hair, or pretty much anything from Charlie Sheen, will not be accepted.
Projects submitted related to any of the above will be cancelled. We reserve the right to refuse any and all content deemed non-newsworthy, potentially fraudulent and/or intentionally misleading.
You may, of course, contact us in advance to pre-approve any press release announcement.
View Our Format Requirements
To view our content requirements including headline length, dateline requirement, attribution requirement, media contact info, image formatting, etc., please see our “requirements” page from the main website. Click/tap the button below to view our basic requirements for all press release content submitted.
All services are offered subject to our Terms of Service (TOS).