All news submitted to and issued by Send2Press® Newswire must meet our Acceptable Content Policy (AUP). This policy limits certain kinds of news which are not considered news or newsworthy based on PR and media/broadcast standards.
Because Send2Press® Newswire syndicates news across multiple high-quality news sites as well as traditional information systems like LexisNexis, we hold our content to a higher standard than most. This means we turn away most of the news content “allowed” by the junk free posting sites, and all-you-can-eat services which don’t work with major syndicators.
Also note for our “Premium” plans, PRN has some specific requirements separate from Send2Press, which includes not being able to submit public-company news (traded on any exchange) material to a third party (please inquire!).
Examples of Acceptable Content
- Company Launches and Mergers.
- New Product Launch (consumer good, book, CD, software, app, website, etc.)
- Joint Company Partnerships.
- Staff Hiring/Appointment (career moves).
- Company Performance (audience growth, number products shipped, etc.).
- Legal News or Court Victory/Settlement. (Cannot be allegation lawsuits or commentary on other firm’s law cases; you can inquire first for pre-approval of legal news.)
- Recall of Your Company Product and specifics.
- Public Gathering/Convention Event.
- Protest Rally (local news) with clear attribution of group organizing event.
- Charity Event.
- Political Campaign Announcements (must be from actual campaign, not third party or PAC; please seek pre-approval before submission).
- Awards and honors from legitimate, credible trade groups (e.g., BBB, etc.).
Unacceptable News Content
We will not accept news announcements on any of the following topics:
- Blog Posts: We do not accept fake self-promotional articles, bylined blog posts, or similar; only press releases, which are news announcements. You can create a press release which promotes and leads to your content, which is a great method of content marketing.
- Anti-Vaccination / VAXXER “Propaganda”: Starting in 2019, due to prevailing science showing the proven cause of major measles and other outbreaks in the U.S. tied to “anti-vaccination” mis-information and fear mongering, we can no longer accept ANY content promoting the anti-vaccination agenda.
- DRM Removal Software: We no longer accept news related to software intended solely to remove copyright protections from digital products such as YouTube videos, audio books, movies, DVD/Blu-ray, or similar.
- Bitcoins: We do NOT accept news promoting bitcoin buying/selling websites. We do not accept bitcoin software announcements or bitcoin mining hardware news. This is the #1 fraud news item for 2015-2018.
- ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings): After numerous issues, we no longer accept any ICO related news.
- Online Dating Sites/Apps: Due to a lot of fraud, hook-up sites pimping employees, etc., we no longer accept any online dating site/app news.
- Opinions and Attacks: We don’t accept “news” or “fake articles” which purport to be reporting on, or fostering opinions about, others which can be viewed as libelous. Similarly we can’t promote a blog which attacks others or focuses on biased claims or attacks on individuals or companies by name.
- MLM: Multi-level Marketing (MLM) and “make money at home” news will not be accepted. Common topics include travel programs, water purification, gold parties, diet pills, “lifetime free cable TV if you call this number,” or similar.
- Cannabis Dispensaries: Due to Federal laws and content media will actually accept, we do not currently allow any press releases from cannabis dispensaries or medical marijuana stores.
- Cigarettes: We accept no news related to cigarettes, including e-cigs, or any tobacco products.
- Stock Round-ups / Pumping: Stocks/commodities buy/sell/recommendations are only accepted from a licensed broker.
- Legal Matters: Lawsuit announcements with no facts in evidence or wild allegations will not be accepted. We will accept announcement of judgments or case “wins” and certain class-action releases. We discourage “trolling for clients” and “ambulance chasing” releases, please!
- Nutrition Products: News related to diet pills or body part enhancement nutraceuticals will not be accepted.
- Credit Repair and Tax Refund Scams: News promoting credit repair “for a fee” services; especially those requiring credit card sign-up, are not accepted.
- “Hacks and Kraks”: News promoting software which bypasses Google copy-protection, such as capture of YouTube videos, is not allowed; or any other intellectual property defeating tools.
- Vanity Awards: Consistently, less then credible “awards” organizations spring up saying your company is something like “the best in your city,” without anything to back that up, or credible business behind the award. Most of these companies exist only to sell you plaques, crystal trophies, or framed certificates. This is not news, and we cannot issue this type of junk award news.
- Casinos and Fantasy Sports: We don’t accept news related to casino/gambling, or online fantasy sports sites with payouts. (We do accept charity casino nights, or events such as concerts held at casinos.)
- Lotteries: News for lotteries or paid raffles will not be accepted unless properly licensed subject to local laws with full disclaimers and disclosures meeting local and Federal U.S. laws.
- Foreign Politics: We do not accept news related to Foreign Government (outside the U.S.) politics, elections, protests, or policy.
- Education Cheats: We do not accept news regarding services, particularly from overseas, promoting “essay and test writing” services for students to cheat on their class assignments in the U.S.
- Affiliate Links: We do not accept fake articles, such as “top stereo roundups” which lead to affiliate links either directly or via redirects to sites like Amazon or other resellers. Affiliate linking is advertising, not news for the media!
- Crackpots: Crackpot ideas like chemtrails, truthers, alien spy bugs in your hair, or pretty much anything from Charlie Sheen, will not be accepted.
Projects submitted related to any of the above will be cancelled. We reserve the right to refuse any and all content deemed non-newsworthy, potentially fraudulent and/or intentionally misleading.
You may, of course, contact us in advance to pre-approve any press release announcement.
View Our Format Requirements
To view our content requirements including headline length, dateline requirement, attribution requirement, media contact info, image formatting, etc., please see our “requirements” page from the main website. Click/tap the button below to view our basic requirements for all press release content submitted.
All services are offered subject to our Terms of Service (TOS).