RC Toys and Hobbies News
PRESS RELEASE ARCHIVES FROM SEND2PRESS® NEWSWIRE
NOTICE: THIS IS ARCHIVAL CONTENT AND LIKELY OUT OF DATE.
iHobbyExpo Announces 20th Anniversary Trade Show for Hobbyists of All Ages
Article Editor: Beverly West
CHICAGO, IL - October 4, 2004 /Send2Press Newswire/ -- In celebration of their 20th anniversary, iHobbyExpo (www.iHobbyExpo.com), a premier trade show for the international hobby industry, is welcoming the general public for two days only on Saturday, October 16 and Sunday, October 17, 2004, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois, near Chicago's O'Hare Airport.
iHobbyExpo will encompass five football fields full of fun, featuring over 200 exhibitors, seminars, special guests, events for kids and families, and holiday shopping opportunities. Whether you are looking for model railroad displays, slot cars, remote control cars, trucks, motorcycles, planes, boats, model blimps, helicopters, rocketry, tanks and military, die-cast metal collectibles, wood and plastic model kits, or moon rocks, you'll find it all at iHobbyExpo.
Here is just a sampling of what's on offer at iHobbyExpo:
Displays, Demos and Seminars:
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) will be exhibiting in a big way at the Show. A 1:20 scale model of the 360-foot Saturn V rocket will be on view, along with an historical perspective on the Apollo program. The NASA exhibit will also feature a rare public showing of a piece of Moon rock from one of the six successful Apollo landing missions!
- The World's Greatest Hobby, a program presented by Model Railroading Magazine, will feature the building of a scale model railroad town from the ground up.
- The Model Rectifier Slot Car Track will feature hands-on fun with a free Ninco Slot Car give-away every hour.
- The Nielsen-rated Outdoor Channel show, "Inside RC," will be videotaping the popular RC Triathlon with contestants competing in airplanes, race cars and boats right at the Expo!
- The Model Airplane News' Flying Cage will feature aerial racing and stunt flying with professional pilots.
- The Traxxas Hands-On Test Track will offer show attendees of all ages the chance to demo race cars right at the show.
- We are also honored to announce that veteran Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin will be our very special guest at iHobbyExpo this year! Dr. Aldrin is a lifelong hobbyist and will be available for autographs and photos at the show on Saturday, October 16, 2004.
- We are honored to have Second Lieutenant Patrick Anderson at the show. Second Lieutenant Patrick Anderson, who joins us while on leave from service in Iraq, is the founder of The Baghdad Hobby Club, dedicated to providing hobbies and recreation activities to U.S. soldiers stationed in Iraq. Since The Baghdad Hobby Club's founding in 2003, many manufacturers and retailers have donated models, trains, remote control cars, trucks and accessories through the HobbyTown USA program "Hobbies for Heroes."
Events for Kids and Families:
- Make and Take Models: Sponsored by the Daily Herald Newspaper and Revell-Monogram, parents and their children can work together to build and paint a model and then take it home for FREE! Mid-West Products and SIG Manufacturing will provide free airplane kits and the Academy of Model Aeronautics will supervise a Fly Zone for the kids, too.
- The Passport Program invites Boy & Girl scouts in uniform from ages 6 to 16 who are accompanied by their troop leaders to enter the Show for FREE! Registration is at a special desk in the Main Lobby. By signing up and participating in any one of the Make & Take Programs at the iHobbyExpo, Scouts can earn a merit badge.
iHobbyExpo will offer great Holiday shopping opportunities with hundreds of name brand kits, model trains, ready to run and ready to fly remote control products, tools and accessories.
Show Hours, Tickets, and Pricing:
October 14 and 15 - TRADE ONLY 9am-5pm.
October 16 and 17 PUBLIC DAYS 10am-5pm.
Tickets on public days are for sale at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center box office only on October 16 and 17, 2004. Admission is $10.00 per person 12 and over, and $5.00 for children 11 and under. $2.00 off coupons are available at participating Chicagoland hobby stores or printable on line at www.ihobbyexpo.com. Coupons are only good for use with $10.00 admission tickets. $25.00 Family Packs are available which includes admission for 2 adults & up to 4 children under 12. $5.00 Senior Discount Tickets will be available all day on Sunday only.
For directions to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center go to www.rosemont.com or call (847) 692-2220.
For more information on iHobbyExpo, please visit iHobbyExpo.com
Source of News:
THIS IS ARCHIVAL CONTENT
Note: for contact information at the organization mentioned in the above PRESS RELEASE, visit the "organization website" (if applicable), or view either version of the original news release using the links below. Send2Press cannot provide contact info.
Business News is powered by
Viewed by the media [MC Error: Error locking file]
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION(S) MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE NEWS ARTICLE, PLEASE CONTACT THE COMPANY DIRECTLY AND NOT THIS WEBSITE.
DISCLAIMER: the above article is believed accurate but not guaranteed, and is based on business news supplied by the organization mentioned and/or quoted in the story. The organization providing the news to Send2Press is solely responsible for its accuracy. Financial/Stock news may contain forward looking statements and public companies should be thoroughly researched before considering material investment. Neotrope/Send2Press makes no claims of accuracy or suitability for any purpose. Any opinions expressed by representatives of company(s) mentioned in news item are solely those of the person indicated, and do not reflect any opinion or policy of Neotrope/Send2Press. Your use of any information contained herein is done solely at your own risk, and you are fully responsible for using any information herein, or on sites mentioned or linked to in the article. All trademarks acknowledged.
USE OF THE ABOVE NEWS ARTICLE
News is Copr. © 2004 Neotrope/Send2Press. Reproduction of this news article in any form requires written authorization. You may freely link to this article, or republish the "news release" text version linked to above under "Journalist Tools" without restriction except websites must retain /Send2Press Newswire/ as the source. Sites which offer/sell PR services or newswire services may not reprint our content without express written permission.