KIRKLAND, Wash., Sept. 23 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- Women have special long term care needs -- but not just because they often come down with longer-lasting illnesses and disabilities. When there's no long term care insurance for a couple or family members, women typically end up as the default, unpaid caregivers. "Lack of LTC insurance not only hurts women when they themselves need care," says Denise Gott, Chairman of the Board of LTC Financial Partners LLC (LTCFP). "More often, it hurts them when they have to drop everything to care for another uninsured loved one."
The problem is, most women don't know this or fail to think seriously about it, Gott asserts. To address this issue LTCFP has teamed up with the eWomenNetwork to drive the message home. A special eWomenNetwork/LTCFP Web site, linked to the eWomenNetwork home site, has been set up at http://www.ltcfp.biz/ewomennetwork/ . It provides free information from a number of U.S. agencies and authoritative private organizations.
For example, according to studies summarized on the site --
* 80% percent of working caregivers reported emotional strain.
* 50% percent reported financial strain.
* 40% percent missed work on a regular basis due to the health needs of an elderly loved one.
* 41% of women interviewed who had been caretakers had been forced to quit their jobs or take a leave of absence.
* 37% said they cut back their working hours and gave up space in their own homes to accommodate loved ones needing care.
The site also gives information on the financial, physical and lifestyle impact on women who are not working, and offers guidelines on --
* Whether long term care insurance is appropriate for a woman's specific circumstances.
* Options for securing affordable LTC insurance when appropriate.
* Multiple-policy options, with cost and other benefits, for women who run businesses.
The site also includes a video presentation by Gott; and visitors may download a free special report, "Women and Long Term Care -- A Decade of Reports." It's available from a link at the bottom of a scrolling field on a "Facts" page.
LTCFP, based in Kirkland, Washington, is one of America's largest and most experienced long term care insurance agencies. For three years in a row, the company has been named one of American's 5000 fastest-growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, eWomenNetwork, Inc. is the fastest growing membership-based professional women's networking organization in North America.
- RSS News Feed for LTCFP:
Rights granted for reproduction by any legitimate news organization. However, if news is cloned/scraped verbatim, then original attribution must be maintained with link back to this page as “original syndication source.” Resale of this content for commercial purposes is prohibited without a license. Reproduction on any site selling a competitive service is also prohibited. Information is believed accurate, as provided by news source or authorized agency, however is not guaranteed, and you assume all risk for use of any information found herein/hereupon. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
3346 times (4 today, 17 this week, 63 this month, 459 this year)