TORRANCE, Calif. /Send2Press Newswire/ — Neotrope/Send2Press, a PR agency and news distribution organization established Jan. 1983, has announced its most popular news stories of 2004 disseminated through the Send2Press Newswire (www.Send2Press.com). The top-20 news stories, based on number of readings by journalists and media professionals is a fascinating cross section of the kind of news being announced by small businesses, and the type of news actually being read – and potentially reported on – by active news media professionals.
“Over the past 5 years, we have only provided this annual list to our clients,” said Neotrope(R) founder and President, Christopher Simmons, a member of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), and ASCAP. “This year, we’re announcing the list publicly since it is pretty interesting to see what our colleagues in the media actually read amidst the static of so much ‘news spam’ hitting the wires these days.”
Results were tabulated based on number of “reads” by the media through the Send2Press.com website in HTML, PDF, and plain-text formats; through readings on the PRNJ site, through clipping service click-throughs from sources like eWatch(tm), and CyberAlert(R), and through initial click-throughs via sources like News.Google, Lycos News, NewsNow(UK), and Send2Press Newswire media opt-in click-views. Search engine clicks (“hits”) were not included as these are typically public, and not media, views.
The top-20 most read newswire stories for 2004, in descending order of popularity with the media (link to story included):
1. New Magazine Targets Restaurant Startups – Finally! A Magazine for New Restaurateurs
2. Interactive Voices Connects Clients With Voice Over Talents
3. California Based Designer Offers Do-It-Yourself Grilled Cheese Virgin Mary Toast Kit
4. Free Book Publicity and Resources for Book Authors and Book Publishers
5. LandWare Releases the Leonard Maltin 2005 Movie Guide for Palm Powered and Windows Mobile Pocket PC Handhelds and Smartphones
6. Study Proves New Bicycle Seat More Healthy
7. Panthesis Announces Swan Online Event Arenas
8. Election Night Party Sold Out
9. One Company is Making the Dream of Flight a Reality by offering the ‘Gift of Flight’ this Holiday Season
10. Did Moses Misrepresent The Ten Commandments?
11. Caffeine Killed Woman – Autopsy Revealed
12. NitroTalent.com Launches First Talent Search Engine and Directory for Artists and Companies of Every Kind
13. Unconventional Music Duo Request-A-Song.com Celebrates Two Years with Site Relaunch, 88 Cent Song Downloads
14. ProLine Announces Technological Breakthrough Scratch Protection Formula For All CD and DVD Disc Formats
15. Ghost Board Set to Become King of the Mountain With New Line Of Swiss-Engineered Snowboards Featuring Glow-in-the-Dark Technology
16. ElectionMall Technologies, Inc. Revolutionizes Online Campaigning in 2004 Cycle
17. World AIDS Day Chosen to Launch HIV/AIDS Radio Network, First All HIV/AIDS ‘On Demand’ Radio Network to Tackle AIDS
18. ePassporte and Square Enix Join Forces in Co-Promotional Agreement
19. New Book Helps Women Find True Love
20. ASAR Electronics, Inc. Announces that Emergency Light Blanket was Selected as One of the ‘Top Five Inventions of 2004’
Send2Press (http://www.send2press.com), is one of the leading online-based news release creation and distribution companies helping small businesses and start-up companies reach and inform their target media. All of Send2Press’ staff members are experienced working journalists, published authors, and/or contributing editors to national publications.
Because Neotrope, the parent company, is a 22-year veteran in the media relations business, it is one of the few news distribution companies that maintain its own active media database with over 25,000 contacts, unlike many “dotcom newswires” which simply resell the services of larger newswires like PRN. And unlike the so-called “free” newswires that merely post news online, Send2Press specializes in delivery of news directly to working journalists, media professionals, and news aggregators worldwide. The Send2Press News Network comprises over 100 specialty newswires and content websites in multiple languages with unmatched reach and media awareness.
Neotrope(R) is a brand identity, online marketing, and media relations company, representing technology, software, publishing, and entertainment companies worldwide. Neotrope and Send2Press are trademarks and service marks of Neotrope(R).
More information: www.neotrope.com
News issued by: Neotrope / Send2Press Newswire
# # #
Original Story ID: (4) :: 2004_12_1223-002
Original Keywords: most read of 2004, media reads, tracking, journalists, in the news, Send2Press, Neotrope, best of 2004, news stories, articles, click-throughs, clippings, top news, readings Neotrope / Send2Press Newswire
News Source: Neotrope / Send2Press Newswire