DES MOINES, Iowa, April 4, 2019 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The Justice League of Food will welcome supporters, partners, community leaders, and the general public to a Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting Celebration. Guests will include Governor Kim Reynolds.
“The Justice League of Food is an incredible organization that helps Iowans struggling with homelessness find the necessary training for a successful career in the culinary industry,” said Gov. Kim Reynolds. “I am honored to attend their official grand opening, and so proud of what Nick and Lynn Kuhn are doing to provide a hand up to those in need, but also give back to the community.”
The Justice League of Food (JLF) works to break the cycle of poverty in Central Iowa by “Teaching a Man to Fish.” We invest in individuals by providing the homeless and hungry with job training and placement in the food and beverage industry.
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 from 3-6 p.m.
3:00-4:00 – Kitchen Tours & Refreshments
4:00-5:00 – Presentation & Comments Followed by Ribbon Cutting
- Nick Kuhn, JLF Founder & Chairman
- Kim Reynolds, Governor of Iowa
- Angela Connolly, Polk County Supervisor
- Steven Gaer, Mayor of West Des Moines
- Julie Stewart, Prairie Meadows
- Mike Miles, General Mgr. Microsoft Talent, Workforce, & Comm. Dev.
- Sean Wilson, JLF Board Member & Chef Owner of Proof Restaurant
- Jorgen Jensen, Rock Island Development
- Carole Chambers, President WDM Chamber of Commerce
5:00-6:00 – Social Hour at THE HALL
The Justice League of Food at The Foundry in Historic Valley Junction is located at 111 South 11th Street, Suite 300, West Des Moines, Iowa 50265.
- Nick Kuhn, Founder
- Lynn Kuhn, Board Member
- Sean Wilson, Board Member & Chef
- Mike Miles and Paul Englis, Microsoft
To learn more:
MEDIA ONLY CONTACT:
(not for print or online)
News Source: Justice League of Food