CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md., Oct. 1, 2018 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — ReAgg is a leading construction aggregate supplier in the Capitol Heights, Maryland, Washington D.C., and northern Virginia areas. We have supplied crushed aggregate in Capitol Heights and surrounding areas for several industries and projects throughout our over 33 years in business, including private, commercial, industrial, military, highway, and government projects.
We want to make it simple for construction project managers to choose the right aggregate for each project with a list of the types of aggregate used and sizes.
Types of Aggregate Used In Construction Projects:
The different types of aggregate used in construction projects in Capitol Heights include gravel, crushed, clean, rip rap, screened and grit. In addition to the type of aggregate that construction projects typically use, there are also different sizes available for a variety of applications.
Sizes for Crushed Stone in Construction Projects:
- 1/2 – 3/4″ – Size # 7 stone averages in 1/2 – 3/4″ in size and is overall a gray color.
- 3/4″ – Size #57 stone varies in size from using a #4 sieve to a 3/4″ sieve. This size of crushed stone is cubical in shape. It’s used in projects where there is a specification for crushed stone counts and mixes.
- 3/8″ – Size # 8 crushed stone is often referred to as clean or 3/8″ washed stone.
- 1 1/2″ – This size of crushed stone is mainly used in road construction projects. It is also used in drainage, septic systems and dry wells.
- 2 1/2″ – The DOT #2 standard size used for government construction projects. It is used as road base, construction site entry and exit ways.
Applications of Crushed Stone:
- Road base – Crushed stone can be used as structural foundation for paving roads. Used in government and residential construction projects. It’s also used in driveways, parking lots, patios, slab foundations, and walkways.
- Soil stabilization – Recycled concrete is often used in combination with fly ash or lime to enhance soil.
- Pipe bedding – Underground utilities use crushed concrete as bedding to create a firm foundation.
- Landscape material – Pathways, driveways, garden beds, erosion structures, water features, and walls can all use recycled concrete to support these areas with fill material.
- Drainage materials – Crushed stone can be used in drainage pipes and for utilities.
Benefits of Onsite Crushing for Construction Projects:
ReAgg specializes in crushing aggregate and concrete into usable sizes for construction projects. We can come to the construction site with complete crushing equipment. We bring a conveyer, loader, excavator, and the staff needed to operate the machinery. Our experienced staff also loads the materials to crush according to the needed specifications.
Crushing onsite in Capitol Heights and surrounding areas reduces the cost of disposal for waste materials. Instead of hauling off the waste, onsite crushing can be reused on the site for many different applications.
To get a free quote for crushed aggregate onsite or delivered to the construction project site, contact ReAgg at 1-888-554-1503 or visit: https://www.reagg.com/.
ReAgg is committed to providing quality products and services throughout Northern Virginia the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore metropolitan areas. Our team has built a strong reputation for integrity, professionalism, safety, quality control, efficiency, punctuality, reliability and customer satisfaction.
Thirty-three years ago, our company started as a concrete recycler; taking broken concrete, crushing and screening it into useful products. Over this period of time, we manufactured over 7 million tons of recycled concrete materials for use in local construction projects.
We are a privately owned and operated company headquartered in Capitol Heights, Maryland with ongoing operations in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and the Baltimore Metropolitan Area. We have a fully trained staff with many years of experience in the Aggregate, General Construction and Transportation Industry.
*(LOGO 72dpi: https://reagg.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/logo.jpg)
ReAgg, 8700 Ashwood Drive, Capitol Heights, MD 20743; phone (888) 554-1503.
VIDEO (YouTube): https://youtu.be/iha4mSEd9TY
News Source: ReAgg LLC