WHITE PLAINS, NY – April 6 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Long term care insurance used to be a hard sell. Now it can be an easy sell, if done right, thanks to insurance-friendly pressure from Washington and Albany. That’s the thrust of a seminar for agents on April 19-21 in White Plains, New York. The Deficit Reduction Act, signed by President Bush on February 8, offers carrot-and-stick incentives for millions of Americans to buy long term care insurance; and the states, including New York, are weighing in with additional incentives. “We’re expecting an avalanche of applications,” says Cameron Truesdell, CEO of LTC Financial Partners, host of the event. “But agents can’t handle the load unless they adopt new methods.”
The methods to be offered by the seminar focus on a shift from one-on-one “kitchen table” sales to “multi-life” sales mediated by companies, associations, and other groups. “Less than 10% of those who should have long term care insurance do,” says Truesdell. “With the new incentives, we’re going to be reaching the other 90%. But that can’t happen quickly except through a multiplier effect.”
*(Caption: Cameron Truesdell.)
The multiplier methods agents will learn include how to engage business owners, human resource managers, and association directors in the enrollment of many people at one time. The seminar will also offer guidelines on alliance marketing: working with accountants, bankers and others to reach large numbers mutually.
“Some of the nation’s top producers will be speaking,” says Truesdell, “Gene Cutler, Ron Brie, Gary Melnikoff. They’ll be sharing their secrets for managing the new business in the new way.” Participants will also learn how to leverage the same support infrastructure used by the sales leaders:
* Centralized marketing and public relations,
* Automatic production of brochures, direct mail, and web communications,
* Statistical support for cost control and profit maximization.
New York-area agents may apply to attend by calling Cheryl Krier at 866-471-4072 or by submitting an application at — http://www.eranova.com/LTCFP/seminar.htm. There is no cost for qualified agents. Agents in other areas may also submit their names for future seminars in other parts of the country.
News issued by: LTC Financial Partners LLC
# # #
Original Story ID: (1517) :: 2006-04-0406-002
Original Keywords: LTC Financial Partners LLC, New York, seminar, long term care, LTCi, insurance, agents, Cameron Truesdell, Gene Cutler, Ron Brie, Gary Melnikoff, LTC Financial Partners LLC
News Source: Send2Press Newswire