SAN JOSE, CA – July 7 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Long term care insurance used to be a hard sell. Now it can be an easier sell, if done right, thanks to two powerful forces: the graying of America, and insurance-friendly pressure from Washington and Sacramento. That’s the thrust of a seminar for agents on July 14-16 in San Jose, CA. The Deficit Reduction Act, signed by President Bush on February 8, offers carrot-and-stick incentives for millions of Americans, including 77 million aging baby boomers, to buy long term care insurance instead of relying on Medicaid. And the states, including California, are weighing in with additional incentives.

“We’re expecting an avalanche of applications,” says Cameron Truesdell, CEO of LTC Financial Partners, host of the event. “But agents can’t handle the load unless they adopt new methods.”

*(Photo Caption: LTC Financial CEO Cameron Truesdell.)

The methods to be offered by the seminar focus on a shift from one-on-one “kitchen table” sales to “multi-life” sales mediated by companies, associations, and other groups. “The market size is growing fast; and the sales penetration rate is less than 10%,” says Truesdell. “With the new incentives, we’re going to be reaching the other 90%. But that can’t happen quickly except through a multiplier effect.”

The multiplier methods agents will learn include how to engage business owners, human resource managers, and association directors in the enrollment of many people at one time. The seminar will also offer guidelines on alliance marketing: working with accountants, bankers and others to reach large numbers mutually.

“Some of the nation’s top producers will be speaking,” says Truesdell, “So will representatives of leading carriers. They’ll be sharing their secrets for managing the new business in the new way.”

Participants will also learn how to leverage the same support infrastructure used by the sales leaders:

    * Centralized marketing and public relations,

    * Automatic production of brochures, direct mail, and web communications,

    * Statistical support for cost control and profit maximization.

West-coast agents may apply to attend by calling Kim Galatolo at 866-471-4072 or by submitting an application at — http://www.eranova.com/LTCFP/seminar.htm. There is no cost for active agents. Agents in other areas may also submit their names for future seminars in other parts of the country. The event will be held at the Hilton San Jose.

News issued by: LTC Financial Partners

# # #

Original Story ID: (1798) :: 2006-07-0707-003

Original Keywords: seminar, San Jose, Cameron Truesdell, LTCi, long term care, LTC Financial Partners, The Deficit Reduction Act, aging baby boomers, to buy long term care insurance instead of relying on Medicaid LTC Financial Partners

News Source: ACSIA Partners LLC