NEW YORK, N.Y., Feb. 25 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — A new report published by Voices.com reveals that the voice and speech industry continues to grow and is currently valued at $12.3 Billion USD. The 2010 Report on the Voice Over Industry is published, highlighting three growing fields in the entertainment industry; audiobooks, mobile gaming and podcasting.
From mobile Internet to radio that you can listen to anytime, anywhere and with audiobooks available for download at the touch of a button on revolutionary mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch and now the newest Apple product, the iPad, the prospects for working voice actors has never been so bright.
• Audiobook CD sales represent 72 percent of the audio market.
• Audiobook downloads grew to 21 percent of the market.
• Cassette sales stayed the same since 2007, accounting for 3 percent of sales in 2008.
Mobile Gaming Highlights:
• The number of offerings on the App Store hit 150,000 recently and includes popular games like Texas Hold’em and Crash Bandicoot, business tools like Bloomberg News and Salesforce Mobile, and social networking programs like Facebook and Twitter.
• Games spend an average of 21 minutes of game play and 65 page views per iPhone player session, compared to 11 minutes and 15 page views for sessions on other phones.
• 150,000 podcasts currently available in the Apple iTunes Store.
• 7.1 million people listened to podcasts in 2009, less than 4 percent of US Internet users.
• Another 50 million people accessed podcasts and Internet radio on average each month.
To access the 32-page 2010 Report on the Voice Over Industry, simply call 1-888-359-3472 to receive the download link via email.
Voices.com was established in 2004 and is now the technology and industry leading website that connects businesses with professional voice talents. Radio and television stations, advertising agencies and Fortune 500 companies rely upon the Voices.com marketplace to search for, audition and hire voice talents with the assistance of our innovative SurePay™ escrow service and our Web application.
The winner of several awards, including the 1to1 Impact Award for Full-Suite CRM, CRM Elite Award, and the DigiFest New Voices Award, Voices.com has raised its profile significantly this year ranking on the PROFIT Hot 50 recognizing 534 percent growth over the past two years and just this summer was featured on Backbone Magazine’s and KPMG’s annual Pick 20 Listing as an “innovative company.” Clients include NBC, ESPN, PBS, The History Channel, Reader’s Digest, Comcast, the US Army, the US Government and thousands more.
More information: www.voices.com.
News issued by: Voices.com
Original Image: https://www.send2press.com/mediaboom/10-0225-VoicesRep_72dpi.jpg
# # #
Original Story ID: (5706) :: 2010-02-0225-001
Original Keywords: David Ciccarelli, 2010 Report on the Voice Over Industry, SurePay escrow service, audio, video, multimedia, voiceover, acting, entertainment, advertising, marketing, podcasting, radio, television, mobile, gaming, iPhone, iPod, iPad, App Store, Apple Voices.com Manhattan New York
Alternate Headline: The 2010 Report on the Voice Over Industry highlights three growing fields in the entertainment industry: audiobooks, mobile gaming and podcasting
NEWS ARCHIVE NOTE: this archival news content, issued by the news source via Send2Press Newswire, was originally located in the Send2Press® 2004-2015 2.0 news platform and has been permanently converted/moved (and redirected) into our 3.0 platform. Also note the story “reads” counter (bottom of page) does not include any data prior to Oct. 30, 2016. This press release was originally published/issued: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 00:09:39 +0000
News Source: Voices.com