MOOREFIELD, W.Va. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- Stylish and innovative eco-retailer bambeco (www.bambeco.com) provides 10 easy tips to make this holiday season a little bit greener. Launched on Earth Day 2009, bambeco quickly won accolades, fans and customers with its fashionable, earth friendly selection of innovative products for home and life. From the start, bambeco's mission has been to offer consumers an appealing and comprehensive selection of green products that the established home furnishings brands are unable to do, in an easy to shop, enticing environment. At the same time, bambeco stays focused on the key drivers for consumer purchasing decisions: price, selection and quality products, all vetted with the highest standards of sustainability and earth friendly practices available today.
Who better to provide tips for greening your holiday than a company focused on sourcing and developing the best products for the home, from furniture to decor, that meet the highest standards of sustainability and earth friendly practices. "From the beginning, we did not want to preach or tell people to be green. We wanted to offer consumers a competitive and appealing eco friendly choice when it comes to furnishing their homes," said Susan Aplin, founder of bambeco. "As we get ready to dive into the holidays, we want to provide some easy, achievable tips that will encourage all of us to re-think those longstanding family traditions that can be easily modified to be earth friendly."
Following are 10 easy steps that all of us can do to make our holiday season a little more green:
* Rethink holiday cards. Think about sending an e-card. We love iomoi.com for stylish design driven holiday wishes. If you like a traditional holiday card, look for recycled paper with earth friendly dyes.
* Green your lights. Switch from standard tree lights to LED tree lights. Think about a light timer to minimize usage.
* Bring nature indoors. Adorn your home with natural holiday decor. Decorate with earth friendly ornaments. Pick ornaments and decor made from natural objects or recycled materials, such as reclaimed metal, natural wool, recycled wood, hemp or other natural materials.
* Balance carbon footprint. Buy carbon offsets for your holiday travel. These offsets don't cost a lot of money. We like CarbonFund.org, the largest seller of carbon offsets, www.carbonfund.org/Calculators#Home .
* Wrap with care. Buy beautiful holiday paper made from recycled paper and earth friendly dyes.
* Think local, edible. Look around your area and find a farmer or local market that sells produce. Nothing says thoughtful and delicious more than farm fresh edibles. Anything produced and bought locally comes to your home with reduced emissions from unnecessary travel time.
* Recycle Christmas tree. As soon as the presents are unwrapped and the Christmas dinner is over, turn attention back to everyday tasks like recycling. Take your tree to a chipper.
* Trade-in old electronics. Don't buy anything new unless you can recycle the old. Companies like Radio Shack are recycling your old electronics.
* Give a gift, get a gift. Have your children recycle their gently worn toys and donate them to local family shelters. When they write their Santa letters, make sure they have a list of toys they are willing to donate for every new toy on their wish list.
* Carry holiday shopping bag. Say "No, thank you" to every store clerk whenever they offer to bag your holiday gifts, especially those glossy shopping bags that are rarely produced with recyclable paper.
To find out more about bambeco's standards and practices applied to all of their products, partners and manufacturers that earn them the bambeco earth-friendly seal of approval, visit www.bambeco.com or join them on twitter.com/bambeco or Facebook to learn more. Press inquiries, please contact email@example.com .
Bambeco (www.bambeco.com) is the home furnishings and decor company where your eco-conscious self intersects with your home and lifestyle needs. Bambeco curates the best green products and presents them in one easy-to-navigate shopping experience for the consumer who knows you don't have to sacrifice style and value to be green. Launched on Earth Day 2009, bambeco celebrates bamboo, the planet's most renewable and versatile resource, and ecology, the essential relationship we have with the natural environment.
Rights granted for reproduction by any legitimate news organization. However, if news is cloned/scraped verbatim, then original attribution must be maintained with link back to this page as “original syndication source.” Resale of this content for commercial purposes is prohibited without a license. Reproduction on any site selling a competitive service is also prohibited. Information is believed accurate, as provided by news source or authorized agency, however is not guaranteed, and you assume all risk for use of any information found herein/hereupon. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
5321 times (2 today, 16 this week, 46 this month, 180 this year)