NEW YORK, N.Y., Aug. 31 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- CentralPark.com (www.CentralPark.com) today announced the launch of their revolutionary virtual park, a definitive interactive online guide to the world's most famous public space for New Yorkers, Americans, and all Central Park fans in the global village.
"We believe that Central Park deserves the best Internet alter-ego possible, one that reflects the vision and passion of the original designers," said Aric Boyles, President and Founder of CentralPark.com, and producer of the first and most popular aerial view poster of the park. "Our goal is to provide the tools that visitors need to fully enjoy their park, as well as to provide a virtual park where people from around the world can congregate and commune with Central Park and each other."
CentralPark.com features will include:
* An interactive locator map of Central Park based on Aric Boyles' best selling aerial view poster.
* An event database listing and locating all scheduled park events, including your own.
* Hundreds of links to park related articles and photographs, and ways to get involved with Park conservation.
* Fun Stuff including Central Park screensavers, email postcards, a community bulletin board, a Central Park blog, and live web cams.
* A virtual zoo, featuring descriptions and pictures of every animal housed in the Park.
* An onsite messaging system that enables users to connect with each other based on their interests.
Aric Boyles is joined in this launch by CentralPark.com Content Director John Moore, who has hosted the CentralPark.org site for the last eight years and internationally recognized urbanscape photographer Rick Anderson. Future plans include an online store, with a portion of all proceeds going to the maintenance and preservation of Central Park for generations to come.
For Aric Boyles, a New Yorker who lives near Central Park, and is planning to be married in the Park's elegant Conservatory Garden in spring, CentralPark.com is a labor of love, and the fulfillment of a lifelong dream. "It's my hope that CentralPark.com will be a virtual park that is at once educational, inspirational, useful, rejuvenating and entertaining, just like Central Park itself."