SACRAMENTO, CA - July 7 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- The Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine in Sacramento (SIRM(SM)-Sacramento) was recently awarded full accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and received the commission's Gold Seal of Approval(TM).
The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval(TM) is an internationally recognized symbol of quality that indicates that an organization is committed to the highest level of patient safety and care. JCAHO accreditation involves an in-depth onsite inspection and evaluation of nearly 150 standards set by the Joint Commission.
These standards address critical issues, including how well an organization:
- * Provides a safe environment for patient care;
* Educates patients about the risks and options of their diagnosis and treatment;
* Protects patient rights including privacy rights;
* Evaluates their patients' condition, before, during and after diagnosis and treatment;
* Protects patients against infection;
* Plans for emergency situations
SIRM(SM)-Sacramento is the only medical practice in Sacramento to have earned accreditation in the category of Office-Based Surgery (at the time of this announcement).
"We're proud of this accomplishment because it demonstrates that our staff is committed to our patients," said Judy Schroer, Office Manager for SIRM-Sacramento. "We pride ourselves in maintaining the highest quality of care at both our Sacramento and Pleasanton offices."
Further information about the Sher Institutes for Reproductive Medicine can be found on the SIRM website at www.haveababy.com.