GroupAbout.com Premiers with Host of Collaboration and Social Networking Tools for Small, Leisure Groups
PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. - Mar. 30 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- Group Travel Planet, LLC, the pioneer and leader of online group travel booking, today announced the launch of GroupAbout.com, a new community site for groups on the go that combines the power of the company's advanced group-booking engine with new collaboration and social networking tools that make it easier for groups to plan and share information.
"GroupAbout is an exciting new site that mashes up the best of all of our technology under one umbrella," said Scott Harness, co-founder and CEO, Group Travel Planet, LLC. "This is truly the most advanced group travel site available on the Internet today. No other group travel site comes close to providing group travel planners with the host of innovative tools that GroupAbout offers making it easier than ever for groups to plan it, share it, book it, and go!"
Building off the power of the company's fully-automated group-booking engine, GroupAbout's new features allow group organizers and their members to:
- * Setup their own personalized group home page where they can post important trip information, find out who's coming, exchange ideas with their group, and let everyone share photos before and after the trip, while giving the group organizer the control over who has access to their group's home page
* Under one login account, users can create or join multiple groups, as a group leader or member
* Create and send a customized survey to find out where everyone wants to go, when, what they want to do, where they want to stay, among others, and even allows a group organizer to enter their own questions and responses
* Post blogs and bulletin board messages, including allowing users to post HTML and CSS graphics with their comments
* Invite members and keep them engaged throughout the process through automated email notification
* Track member registration and individual payments for trips
* Post event schedules
* Plan, book and manage their entire trip online, including their group hotel rooms, transportation and trip activities right from their group's home page. Groups booking group hotel rooms can add and drop rooms, change single room reservations in the block, pay as a group or as individuals, and more, all online
* Access articles on featured destinations and group activities from the company's magazine
By launching the new site, the company plans to provide its new GroupAbout community technology to all of its core sites, including CoachQuote.com and GroupTravelPlanet.com, as-well-as the traffic from its vast distribution network that today includes Orbitz, SideStep, Amadeus, One Travel, Active.com, Revelex, and more.
About Group Travel Planet
Group Travel Planet, LLC is the pioneer and first company to fully-automate online group travel. Started in March 2000 by industry professionals with extensive knowledge of the group travel industry, GTP has led the way in developing online technologies providing leisure group travelers (School Groups, Sports Teams, Family Reunions, Religious Organizations, and more) with easier ways to plan, book and manage all aspects of their group trips online, saving them valuable time and money. In addition to providing online technology for booking group hotel rooms, the company also provides online motor coach chartering, group attraction and theatre tickets, group cruises, and other trip components for groups.
For more information, visit www.GroupAbout.com or call (866) 697-5263.
"Plan it. Share it. Book it. GO!" and "For Groups on the Go." are registered service marks of Group Travel Planet, LLC.