6x system challenges industry assumptions on price, functionality, ease of use
SAN JOSE, CA (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- VON Conference -- A new all-in-one VoIP and analog phone/communications system from Allworx® (www.allworx.com) gives small businesses, for the first time ever, a fully featured replacement option for their traditional (TDM) systems - at a comparable price point.
At a fully installed starting price of under $500 per user (in a 20-person location), the new Allworx 6x system is priced 40 percent lower than the majority of today's systems. Designed to replace the millions of aging Key telephone systems currently employed by virtually all small businesses and organizations, the Allworx 6x is a "plug-and-play" system that delivers all the benefits of VoIP technology, without sacrificing traditional functionality or disrupting operations.
Allworx is showcasing the Allworx 6x system at the 2006 Spring VON trade show (booth #725). The system offers a host of features and benefits that make it ideal for offices up to 30 employees, including:
* All the traditional key phone system features critical to SMB users, such as line appearances over analog and VoIP trunks, DSS/BLF, and hands-free intercom, along with PBX features like call appearances - a feature set unique in the industry.
* Integration of three essential business operations into one simple solution - it is a feature-rich phone system, a robust data network and a message center.
* A generous set of built-in VoIP and analog capabilities, enabling a smooth, risk-free transition from traditional to VoIP technologies - allowing business owners to transition at their own pace and without disruption to their operations.
* Automatically established connectivity between multiple Allworx systems, enabling free, multi-site calling.
* Plug-and-play remote access to system features. Allworx phones are designed as plug-and-play solutions that automatically "phone home" to the 6x system allowing remote users to seamlessly take advantage of all the system features while out of the office.
* A built-in, eight-way conference-bridge system.
* Options for Allworx Call Queuing, VPN, calendaring, expanded voicemail and the new Allworx Call Assistant software.
"Small businesses have been reluctant to transition to VoIP technology because of the high cost of current systems, and because they don't want to give up critical phone features from their traditional (TDM) systems," said George E. Daddis Jr., CEO and president of InSciTek Microsystems, parent company of Allworx. "Our new Allworx 6x system is fully compatible with an organization's existing operations. This compatibility, coupled with our system's ease of use, allows complete installation in hours - not days - and eliminates the disruptions in operations and impacts to employee efficiency that often result from competitors' installations."
"This extremely versatile and affordable system - in a compact design about the size of a laptop computer - links voice and data transmissions, digital and analog calling, Internet and Intranet, and is compatible with more VoIP service providers than any other product," said Jeffrey R Szczepanski, chief technology officer, InSciTek, Allworx's parent company. "Smaller businesses will experience employee efficiency and immediate cost savings in equipment, installation, administration and calling charges."
Based on U.S. Census data, there are approximately 2.57 million businesses in the United States with between five and 99 employees. Of this group, 86 percent (2.2 million businesses) are ideal candidates for an Allworx solution, Allworx suggests. According to the research firm TechLinks, more than 50 percent of these businesses will employ a VoIP solution in the next three years.
The Allworx 6x system is now available from any Allworx-authorized reseller.
Allworx (www.allworx.com) - InSciTek's product division - provides a complete, feature-rich Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and PC network system that allows small- and medium-sized businesses to make a low-cost, no-risk transition to VoIP - at their own pace and without disruption to existing operations. Allworx offers a powerful combination of traditional and Internet-telephone capabilities that enables customers to improve productivity and to save money.
For more information, visit http://www.allworx.com or call 1-866-ALLWORX (255-9679).
(Note: Allworx is a registered trademark of InSciTek Microsystems Inc.)