PHOENIX, AZ - May 16 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- GeoQuest Entertainment Group, Ltd. releases its first DVD worldwide on May 23, 2006. ANOTHER ROAD HOME by Danae Elon, award-winning Israeli filmmaker and daughter of renowned writer Amos Elon, portrays her quest to find Musa Obeidallah, the Palestinian man whose love and sacrifice profoundly influenced her life. Diverse media and audiences have lauded this powerful documentary because it brings to the screen a deep humanity about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and does not shy away from confronting its controversial themes.
"We have taken tremendous care in producing a DVD of the finest technical quality that also provides interactive discussion tools to stimulate provocative and meaningful dialogue," said the company's founder, Alex Cyrell. When theatrically released in North America by GeoQuest Entertainment, the film was met with critical acclaim, standing ovations, and impassioned Q&A sessions. It screened in Europe and the Middle East, and recently aired on the Sundance Channel. ANOTHER ROAD HOME is available for purchase worldwide on www.anotherroadhomethemovie.com, www.amazon.com and for rental through Netflix.
GeoQuest Entertainment screened 350 available titles before selecting ANOTHER ROAD HOME, largely because of its social relevance. Reactions at film festival and theatrical screenings revealed the film's unexpectedly broad appeal. Its message of hope, friendship and family resonates deeply with audiences of all ethnic backgrounds and religions.
To maximize image quality, the film was mastered in High Definition. For DVD finalization, a Snell & Wilcox Alchemist standards converter was used with MPEG-2 encoding from Cinema Craft, Inc. The aesthetic and technical benefits of GeoQuest Entertainment's commitment to quality are evident on the DVD.
Special Bonus Features include:
* Director's Commentary: Takes the viewer behind-the-scenes with Danae Elon who candidly discusses the obstacles and treasures found during the making of the film.
* Bonus Footage: Includes out-takes and additional interviews with family members.
* 12 Discussion Topics: Key themes emerge during post-screening forums and are the basis for these topics.
* 32 Scene Selections: Menu-bar provides easily navigated access to all scenes in the film that can be used with the 12 Discussion Topics.
* Quote Sheet: Speaks to the amazing response the film has received from critics, civic leaders and general audiences.
GeoQuest Entertainment Group, Ltd., a newcomer to the specialty film business, is headquartered in Phoenix AZ. Its goal is to acquire titles in different genres that are provocative, and have the potential to influence positive change.
ANOTHER ROAD HOME - DVD:
* Approx. 80 Minutes/Color/In English
* DVD Extras: Director's Commentary/Bonus Footage/Discussion Tools
* DVD Versions: NTSC and PAL
* DVD Format: Fullscreen (to maintain the artistic integrity of the film)
* DVD Release Date: May 23, 2006
* DVD Price: $24.95 + Shipping
To see the theatrical trailer and for more information: www.anotherroadhomethemovie.com
For images to accompany your story, click link below:
For press screeners contact: Karen O'Hara at firstname.lastname@example.org