BILOXI, Miss. - May 29 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- The National Urban and Community Forestry Advisory Council (NUCFAC) announces a public forum in Biloxi, Mississippi on June 6, 2007 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center. "Speak Up, Plan & Protect" Audio Media Briefing on May 30, 2007.
The National Urban & Community Forestry Advisory Council announces a public forum in Biloxi, Mississippi on June 6, at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center. Public input will continue to be recorded until August 1, 2007 as part of NUCFAC's 2007 recommendations to the Secretary of Agriculture.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EDT
To pre-register for the media audio briefing and receive the call-in number, send the following information to Charlotte King at charlottewriter@earthlink(.net):
- * Name, title
* Contact information - phone and email address
* Name of media organization
WHO: The audio media briefing includes 2-3 minute expert commentary by:
- * Joe Wilson, NUCFAC Chairperson - "National Impact of Catastrophic Storms and the Urban Forests"
* Gary Moll, Vice President American Forests - Satellite Data Report: "Before and after Hurricane Katrina, analysis in the tree cover including fire risk and ecosystem lost on the Gulf Coast"
* Susan Mockenhaupt, National Program Manager, U.S. Forest Service - "From Hurricanes to Wildfires, the Facts About Planning and Protecting Urban Forests"
With millions of acres of tree lost from hurricanes, wildfires and other catastrophic events, this forum includes a national cross-section of the best experts to share best practices and first-hand insights to protect the urban forests.